Eshon's grind is unique, he is as talented as can be on the mic, but he beings even more to the table as a producer and talented director. I will be downloading immediately anything that this dude releases.
Why You Should Too: Do you know what happens every time an Eshon Burgundy record plays? After its over, its played again. You can never catch everything he says in the first listen, and personally, I love that. When an Emcee makes my head spin with his lyrics it feels like it was worth the experience.
Eshon's flow is so consistent, and so strong throughout the Mixtape that he hardly has need for any hooks at all. The way that Eshon twists bar after bar is so entertaining. I am always wondering what he is going to say next.
The song Exodus 23:1 and its video are tough as nails and set a tone for the entire mixtape.
"The only one
who came and got me out of prison
Broke us up while me and death
was out there kissin
Ya'll ain't listenin though"
The Mixtape name and theme are well put together and Eshon offer hope in each song. Sometimes its hope for the one who is in a rough spot, sometimes its hope for the one fighting his own sin and sometimes is just hope of a future joy. Eshon has put together a masterpiece of a mixtape and I think anyone can appreciate his skills on the mic. Check it out.
1. Intro ft. Jay Harris (God's Gift Freestyle)
2. Exodus 23:1 (Exodus 23:1 Freestyle)
3. Lord Knows (Exibit A Freestyle)
4. Let Down (Let Nas Down Freestyle)
5. Look Back ft. Tandeace (Hometown Freestyle)
6. Back To Life ft. J.R. (Diced Pineapples Freestyle)
8. It's Deep (BBS Freestyle)
9. Push Thru (Push Thru Freestyle)
10. Foolishness (I'm A Fool Freestyle)
11. They Don't Know (Trynna Get Me One Freestyle)
12. Gold Champagne ft. C.H.R.I.S., Jeremiah Bligen, J. Johnson & Reflect (The Ghost of Christopher Wallace Freestyle)
For God's sake is a great album. AND FREE